Friday 22 August 2014

Quick MAC Haul & Review


Over the past couple of weeks I've been focusing on getting some new makeup, rather than spending all my money on clothes which I don't need! I'm also looking at changing up my makeup storage, so if any of you have any good pieces I can buy to store my makeup then please leave a comment below!
But as you can see, I went a little crazy in MAC! I was desperate to try some new brighter, more nude products - rather than the dark products I am drawn to most of the time.



Lip Liners have never really stood out for me in the market, but after reading some reviews and watching some videos on YouTube I decided to purchase some to give a try. And to say the least, I have been LOVING them. They really do add definition to your lips and I believe make my lipstick last longer than normal.
Naked Liner is perfect for those of you who love a nude lip.. for me it is a little too light but I am sure I will find some use out of it. The other two are also perfect for obviously darker and lighter pinks. The MAC lip liners are a really high quality but I'm also excited to try some from the Drugstore to compare.



Now Lipsticks have always been my favourite makeup collectable piece, especially MAC lipsticks. These three colours (From left to right: Divine Choice, Fan Fare and Myth) are new favourites in my collection! As I am usually drawn to more darker lip colours, these were new shades for me to try and I do love them (maybe not as much as my darker colours though!)
I think nude/light pink lips are going to be a new thing for me, especially on those lazy college days.. 


We all know how MAC brushes are super expensive, but they are also super great and last a real long time! I've been wanting to increase my brush collection for a long time, as I have a limited amount of eyeshadow brushes to work with. So the 217 is a great new buy! I've tried it already and love it! Its perfect for blending out colours or even applying one colour to the whole lid for a simple look. This is a definite must-have in your MAC kit... 


I'm not sure if its the weather, or my new skin routine, but I've found on some days my skin can end up being super oily towards the end of the day. I've never suffered with anything like this before and I was recommended to buy the Mac Blot Film. If you've never seen or heard of these, they are like little pieces of paper (film) which you press onto your face and they magically get rid of the oil but keep on your makeup! So far I am loving them! A must-have for your handbag.. They are super handy.. 


Lastly, A new blush. Now i'm pretty plain Jane when it comes to blushes, I've been using the same MAC one for over a year everyday (I don't know the name as its faded since I use it that much).. So I thought it was about time I branch out and try a new blush. Now this is called Immortal Flower and is a super pretty baby, light pink which sits perfectly on the cheeks. You can build it up to make it more intense, but just a light dab and this looks lovely and very flattering. I'd say this is the perfect blush for those of you who are just starting out with experimental makeup.. as its not too much but also noticeable on the skin.

Thank you for reading guys! Let me know if you have any of these products and what you think of them? Also any MAC recommendations would be appreciated.

BW xxx 


3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try a mac blush for a while but being stingy when it comes to some make up items, I've never bought one. After hearing it lasts so long, I'm 100% persuaded!

    whatkatiewatched.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked up some beauties! I love the Divine Choice lipstick - such a pretty colour. I'm so glad I don't live close to a MAC counter, it would be lethal!

    Lindsey. x
    www.elegant-chaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great haul! i have more to love - such a great shade. really need to get fanfare too!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // blog sale

    ps. enter my £300 rayban and beauty goodies giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete