Wednesday 6 August 2014

Summer Drugstore Favourites







As for makeup, i'm usually a total MAC girl, using all their amazing foundations, brushes and eyeshadows. But sometimes MAC prices can be a little too much when ALL my makeup seems to run out at the same time. 
But after doing some drugstore hunting, i've found and made a list of a couple of my favourite items which can be used in your everyday makeup routine - and some are amazing quality for low prices!

MUA
MUA seems to be a brand everybody raves about, but i've never tried many of their products. But at my latest trip to Boots, I decided to pick up 3 products from their range - a concealer, highlighter and eyeshadow palette. First of all, lipstick shaped concealears are my favourites, but this MUA one for just £1.99 is the best and a definite new favourite. Alongside this, the highlighter also works great and is amazing quality for the price (just £3). I did a swatch to show you the lovely colour it gives and really looks great and very natural once you build it up a little. Last thing, the palette. I've forever used MAC eyeshadows or my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, yet picked this up as it was supposed to be much like a replica of the Naked Palette. But yes, its not far off. The colours are all quite natural, and create a great smokey eye when you use them all together. The applicator brush you get is a little rubbish, to say the least, but for just £4 the brush is the last thing on my mind. Even though I do still prefer my Naked Palette and tend to go back to using that over anything else, this is a great little palette to throw in your bag or take when travelling as its not much money if it gets damaged or lost.

LIPSTICKS
After buying these two new Barry M colours - 53 and 156 - I have officially been converted to a Barry M lover. Alongside their nail varnishes which i'm a huge fan of, the brand seemed to have also pulled it off with their lipsticks. Both colours are very long lasting and are not too dramatic to be used both in the day and at night. I personally love 156, the dark maroon/purple colour as it adds a POP to any natural summer makeup looks your pulling off and really compliments the face.
But as its summer, the heat (the very little of it which we have in the UK) always dries out my lips. So I went for a more moisturising lip product which also gave me colour and the best answer for this is the Babylips range by Maybelline. I bought this gorgeous purple colour from their new range and its not only moisturising to my lips, it adds the most lovely colour, and is a definite must buy for anyones summer makeup bag!

EYES
For me, eyes are the main and best part of a makeup routine. I love big, bold eyelashes and natural-looking yet defined eyebrows. A product which has been my favourite mascara for over a year now is the Volume Million Lashes by Loreal. I just keep re-purchasing this product! Its a TOTAL MUST HAVE and hands down the best mascara i've ever tried - and believe me i've tried a lot. Another long-time favourite is the Eyebrow Pencil by Rimmel London. I find the eyebrow pencils much easier than the eyebrow kits, and after drawing my eyebrows on for what seems like forever, this pencil is the most reliable and precise. It stays on ALL through the day, until you scrub it off at night with a face wipe. For around £3.99, its a definite buy and something so easy to throw in your bag to also top up your eyebrows throughout the day. 


So even though MAC is and will always be my favourite makeup brand, I do find myself including more and more drugstore makeup into my daily routine and these products are now ones I cannot live without!
I'd love to hear any of your drugstore favourites too...

BW X

No comments:

Post a Comment